Quality Behavioral Crisis Care, Enhanced Patient and Provider Experience, Reduced Cost.
What is DEC?
DEC Clinicians support ED Providers in assessing patient risk and providing effective crisis intervention.
Components & Description:
- Diagnostic: A licensed mental health professional diagnoses and documents via a web-based state-of-the-art software system, which meets HIPPA and HITECH standards.
- Evaluation: A licensed mental health professional determines the most appropriate level of care in collaboration with the patient's care team.
- Center: Release of assessment to provider using store-and-forward technology. Coordinate appointment scheduling and community resources. Personal follow-up with patient within 24 hours.
- Reduced Liability: The DEC Application provides a documentation framework that is easy to use, comprehensive and requires completion of all pertinent data fields to demonstrate and support medical necessity criteria. Included in the tool are Safety and Follow-up Plans which increase patient safety while reducing hospital liability.
- Cost Reduction: The DEC Application reduces cost by avoiding unnecessary inpatient admissions, reducing long wait times and preventing re-admissions to the Emergency Department.
- Bed Identification: We do the work for you! Our staff search for clinically appropriate inpatient options when the recommended care is mental health or detox admission. Bed identification results are then shared with the requesting site’s care team.
- Advanced Care Coordination: With permission, the DEC Application provides store-and-forward record sharing capabilities that enhances collaboration between a patient’s treating providers. Integration with the SchedulR (a web-based appointment scheduling tool) provides access to appropriate community resources 24/7.
- Optimizes Staff Time: The licensed mental health professional assists your care team by assessing behavioral patients, documenting medical necessity, bed identification and connecting patients to outpatient resources. This allows your staff to provide care to other patients in need.
- Quality Patient Care: The DEC Application improves patient care by providing robust care-planning options and a framework for post-assessment follow-up. Providers can feel more confident that the appropriate care decisions are being made and documented, and patients have access to timely follow-up care.
- Data Integration: The DEC Application was built on a modern technology platform that uses HL7 standards to allow integration with most electronic medical record applications. If integration is not desired, the DEC Application also produces a PDF file of the completed assessment that can be incorporated into the patient's EMR.
- Improve Efficiency: Our licensed mental health professional’s utilize Standardized Assessment Tools such as Columbia Suicide Assessment and focus on evolving standards in Emergency Psychiatric Care, while using full standardized documentation of assessment and support for treatment plans and recommendations.
DEC has been positively impacting the community since 2002.
Read what our partners are saying about our services:
If interested in contracting for DEC services, please call 763-525-1746, option 0 and ask to speak to Business Development or email firstname.lastname@example.org.