We have updated our notification and authorization guidelines for in-network!
Effective 1/1/2018, BHP no longer requires notification and authorization for outpatient services for dates of service after 1/1/2018. Services should continue to be billed directly to the patient’s insurance company. Please see the following breakdown of services:
The following services require notification and authorization -
- Autism Therapy – Intensive
- Inpatient Mental Health
- Residential Mental Health (including Crisis Residential and IRTS)
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
The following services do not require notification and authorization -
- Autism Therapy – Non-Intensive
- Day Treatment
- ECT – provided outpatient
- Group Therapy
- Medication Management
- Mobile Crisis
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Outpatient Therapy
- Partial Hospitalization
- Psychological Evaluation/Testing
Providers who are not contracted or credentialed with BHP and PreferredOne should contact Care Management, 763-486-4445, for review of out-of-network services.
If you have questions, please contact Care Management @ CMMail@bhpnet.com.
Mental Health Services
We can help you obtain resources and answer authorization questions for the patients you serve. Please view the Authorization Grid to see the process of how to obtain authorization by BHP.
Required forms are dependent on the level of service being provided. Please submit the appropriate form.
Personalized Outreach Program
POP is BHP’s NCQA required Complex Case Management program. Care Management staff will assist members with multiple or complex conditions to obtain access to care and services, and coordinate their care.
POP includes the following services.
- Discuss options and treatment goals
- Help finding providers for behavioral care services
- Scheduling assistance for appointments with psychological care practitioners, if desired.
POP eligibility is determined by:
- All members that are triaged as a crisis call with licensed BHP staff
- All members with inpatient mental health admissions
- By request of a provider, UR staff, Case Manager, or other involved party
- By request of a member
- Through UR data (treatment plans, clinical information received, etc)
- All Members with a SPMI or complex diagnosis (MDD, bipolar, psychotic DO, schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, eating DO, chemical health DO)
- Recent suicide attempt or suicidal ideation
- All members currently taking high risk medications
For more information, contact us by phone or email.