We can help you obtain resources and answer authorization questions for patients you serve. Please read the authorization process information regarding chemical health assessment and treatment services. The chemical health services request form is required to for authorization.
Chemical Health Treatment Access
Chemical Health Treatment Access is one of BHP’s NCQA required clinical activities.
Goal of Chemical Health Treatment Access
- Increase the likelihood of initiating chemical health treatment
- Assist member’s in identifying barriers to initiating chemical health treatment
- Overcoming identified barriers to initiating chemical health treatment
- Assist in scheduling other behavioral health appointments as identified by patient or chemical health assessment
Eligible members for this service are those who are currently chemically abusive or dependent, recommended and approved for treatment, and have one of the following conditions (although not limited to only these conditions):
- Medical Issues such as diabetes, hypertension, pregnancy, or seizure disorder
- A mental health diagnosis or previous mental health services
- Client has been assessed or received chemical treatment within the last year
- Other, as defined by Care Management discretion